Leicestershire Aero Club can provide pilot training for ex-service personnel via the MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC). This scheme promotes lifelong…
Trial Flying Lesson/Flying Experience
Terms and Conditions
All Leicestershire Aero Club flights are sold subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Leicestershire Aero Club reserves the right to cancel any flight without notice if the prevailing weather is deemed unsuitable for flight.
- Leicestershire Aero Club reserves the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule any flight for operational or aircraft serviceability reasons. In the unlikely event of a full cancellation, a refund will be given.
- Leicestershire Aero Club shall not be liable for any travel, accommodation or other expenses incurred from flight cancellations due to operational circumstances, including unsuitable weather.
- Trial lesson & experience flight vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase and are not refundable.
- Expired vouchers may be extended for an administration fee of £15 per month, otherwise, it will be considered void.
To extend a voucher please visit this page.
- Vouchers may not be resold under any circumstances. Only vouchers purchased directly from Leicestershire Aero Club will be accepted as valid. Vouchers purchased from any other source will be deemed invalid.
- Vouchers purchased by telephone are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Vouchers purchased in this manner may be returned for a full refund within 10 days of purchase. Vouchers must be returned with a written refund request before any refund can be made.
- All flying participants must be a minimum age of 8 years old (adult supervision on airfield premises required for under 16 years).
- Participants may, at the discretion of the aircraft captain take 2 passengers on a Trial Lesson. Passengers on trial lesson flights should be family or friends of the pilot who are sharing the experience with an interest in aviation.
- All passengers should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the medical advice of their GP before flying. All participants must be able to enter and exit the aircraft unaided.
- The Captain of the aircraft can, at his/her discretion refuse entry to the aircraft for any reason. Participants are strongly advised to refrain from taking alcohol or any drugs within 24 hours of the period prior to flight. The Captain will refuse entry to the aircraft for anyone he/she suspects may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. No refunds will be given under any circumstances if you are refused entry.
- Vouchers and an acceptable form of photo I.D. must be produced for inspection prior to the flight being conducted. Failure to produce the voucher may result in your flight being cancelled without refund.
- Cancellations or re-schedule requests must be made 24 hours prior to the flight time. Failure to give 24 hours’ notice will attract a cancellation administration fee of £25.
- Trial & experience flight participants should present themselves at least 15 minutes prior to the booked time of flight. Should a participant fail to be present themselves with sufficient time remaining to conduct the booked flight, the flight may be cancelled with no refund given.
- Trial flight participants are strongly advised to telephone Leicestershire Aero Club on 0116 259 2360 prior to departing for the airport to confirm their booking.
- Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of the passengers the operator cannot be held liable for loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- Passengers wishing to take cameras and other photographic equipment on the flight may only do so with the consent of the aircraft captain and do so entirely at their own risk.