Leicestershire Aero Club is proud to announce that we are believed to be the UK’s first carbon-neutral flying school. We have chosen…
Pre-course entry requirements
FCL.915 GENERAL PREREQUISITES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTRUCTORS
An applicant for an FI certificate shall:
(a) In the case of the FI(A) and FI(H):
- Have received at least 10 hours of instrument flight instruction on the appropriate aircraft category, of which not more than 5 hours may be instrument ground time in an FSTD.
- Have completed 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight on the appropriate aircraft category as PIC; and
(b) Additionally, for the FI(A):
- Hold at least a CPL(A); or
- Hold at least a PPL(A) and have:
(i) met the requirements for CPL theoretical knowledge, except for an FI(A) providing training for the LAPL(A) only, and
(ii) completed at least 200 hours of flight time on aeroplanes or TMGs, of which 150 hours as PIC.
- Have completed at least 30 hours on single engine piston powered aeroplanes of which at least 5 hours shall have been completed during the 6 months preceding the pre-entry flight test set out in FCL.930FI(a).
- Have completed a VFR cross-country flight as PIC, including a flight of at least 540km (300NM) in the course of which full stop landings at 2 different aerodromes shall be made.
- 30 hours of flight
- 25 hours must be dual instruction
- 5 hours may be mutual flying with another FI applicant
The ground training for the FI rating requires 125 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction to include:
- 40 hours tuition
- 78 hours teaching practice
- 7 hours progress tests
Course Price: £7,500.00 (October 2020 onwards)
Price includes all Landing Fees and Instrument Approaches at Leicester as well as club membership for the course duration.
This is a 4/5 week course before the test. A deposit of 10% is required in advance to book the aircraft and FIC instructor.
On satisfactory completion of the course, the applicant must pass an Instructor Skill Test with a Flight Instructor Examiner which will be arranged by the Club.
All inquiries should be made via e-mail to the Chief Flying Instructor, Peter Green. eMail: email@example.com